Sunday, January 29, 2012

Who knows what?

I surmise that there are three groups of people in relation to bamboo

Group 1 - Knows little or nothing about bamboo, and what little they know is negative, perhaps about bamboo growing rampant in a family member's garden or similar.
Group 2 - Who have some knowledge, limited, but are more aware about bamboo (the plant or grass) and can name a small number of items made from it.  This group usually has no knowledge of bamboo fabric, or the scientific data about its environmental advantages over timber.
Group 3 - This is a small group but they have already discovered the benefits of bamboo items - some know of the benefits of using bamboo in the home and do so with a wide variety of products made of bamboo, some swear by the value of bamboo sheets, towels and other household items, and some are extremely passionate about bamboo.

I have been extremely pleased that I have been able to educate many people already in the short space of time that I have been researching bamboo, and I know already that some are purchasing bamboo fabric towels and sheets.  I am happy to recommend PureZone for these items.

When in Adelaide recently speaking with my sister about my research, she looked at me askance as she had little knowledge of the range of items available, and she started to make fun of me in a manner that was disbelieving of what I told her.


Bamboo fabric 'puff' for the bathroom




I visited PureZone at DFO near the Adelaide Airport and bought her a towel and teatowels and presented them to her as I was about to leave for Brisbane.  She felt the fabric, and her expression said it all.  She was already impressed and keen to find out how they felt in use.

I await her response with enthusiasm.  I am sure she will love them.

I was surprised to find a guy - a single (or at least he is now) bloke, who was a great advocate for bamboo towels and sheets.  "Wouldn't use anything else."  I've known him for years and he was not one that I would have thought would have spoken enthusiastically about such things.

I continue to educate, and research.




No comments:

Post a Comment