Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Journey



Who would have dreamed that finding undies in the Ladies Underwear section of a Target store several years ago would lead me on an amazing adventure discovering the wonders of bamboo - and even to work on a publication about it.

This blog will detail some of my learning, writing, photographs and the meeting of extra ordinary people who have a passion for this much maligned grass.

The passion seemed to creep up on me.  After purchasing the undies and loving them, I sourced other products and was soon wearing socks and a t-shirt made of bamboo - bamboo and viscose with cotton etc.

About that time I went to China, as an "English Teacher" at a university in a city called Shaoxing.  Here I was literally surrounded by bamboo, and discovered the huge array of bamboo products in the stores in the city.

My passion built up momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment