Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bamboo Wedding Things

On Saturday afternoon I attended a wedding - I was not invited, but took my granddaughter as she knew the bride.  Actually I collected her from primary school years ago - but that is another story.  The bride's mother (with whom I worked at the time) and my daughter became friends, and my daughter and her husband were guests - and I was grandsitting (I don't like saying babysitting as they are no longer babies!).

I was bemused to see so much bamboo at the wedding, as you can see from these photographs.  It was a hot afternoon below the Kangaroo Point cliffs, and guests were handed wonderful parasols to protect them from the burning sun.



The wedding took place under the bamboo arches.  I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I went close to the front (I had been seeking shelter from the sun under the trees at the back of the ceremony) and saw what the frame was.


No comments:

Post a Comment