Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bamboo Poles and more

I went for a walk through Masters, at Tingalpa the relatively new DIY entity now setting up around Australia.  I had gone to look at washing machines, but as I enjoy walking through the aisles of such places I went for a wander.

First of all, I was surprised to see racks of bamboo - poles around 6 feet, as thick as a healthy man's arm, and other smaller ones, and there were rolls of finer bamboo which I had seen before in other similar shops which are used for fencing or adding character to boring old timber fences.

As well there were other bamboo products, small fences, lattice, and lots more, as well as the bamboo outdoor torches that are used to repel insects.

I didn't buy anything, but I know where it is.  I was disappointed, but not surprised, to see it was "Made in China."


No comments:

Post a Comment